Happy New Year from the executive committee and myself. We want to educate and inform the citizens of Polk County about important political issues, including our candidates for office.
The county party is the grassroots organization for electing conservative candidates to office. Millions of Americans are concerned about the direction our nation has been going and we want you to take part in seeking to restore our Constitutional Republic.
First, if you are not a member, please complete the enclosed membership form and include your e-mail, so we can send you updates. If you have been a member please renew your membership for 2016.
You are welcome to contribute at a higher level than the basic membership. I encourage you to copy the membership form and give it to friends and family and encourage them to become members; our county party has seen many loyal and faithful members move into eternity in the last few years.
Please volunteer in as many areas as you can. Our candidates will appreciate the help in 2016.
- Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Bradley is up for re-election
- We will be electing President Barack Obama’s successor.
- 34 of the seats in the U.S. Senate are up for election, 10 Democrats and 24 Republicans, one of them being Wisconsin’s own Senator Ron Johnson, who will be opposed by the very liberal Russ Feingold.
- All the seats in the U.S. House of Representatives are up for election including our Wisconsin 7th District Congressman Sean Duffy.
- All of the Wisconsin State Assembly is up for election including our 28th District Assemblyman Adam Jarchow. Currently the Republicans hold a 63-36 majority in the Assembly.
- In the Wisconsin State Senate 16 of the 33 seats are up for election, with the incumbents evenly divided between the two parties, this includes our 10th District Senator Sheila Harsdorf. Currently the Republicans hold a 19-14 majority in the Senate.
Wisconsin State Legislature Actions and Results
- Passed a balanced state budget.
- Our state unemployment has dropped to 4.3% versus the national average of 5.0%.
- Wisconsin is now the 25th Right to Work State in the nation, that makes it illegal to force private-sector workers to pay union dues to get or keep a job.
- Our Voter ID law has been upheld by the Wisconsin State Courts and in 2015 the U.S. Supreme Court rejected a challenge to Wisconsin’s voter ID law.
- Our property taxes continue to go down.
- New campaign finance laws, a new Ethics Commission that will oversee ethics laws for public officials and lobbying regulations, and a new Elections Commission to oversee elections.
- Construction costs for local governments have been lowered due to the repeal of Wisconsin’s antiquated prevailing wage law. That means schools and local governments will save millions.
- We are ensuring able-bodied adults on certain public assistance programs are drug-free and have enrolled in employment training.
- By adding $600 million to Medicaid, needy families, children, and seniors are protected. State aid for public schools has been increased, and by lifting the cap on school choice enrollment, parents have more options to ensure their child gets a quality education.
- Our student ACT scores are improving.
- University of Wisconsin tuition has been frozen for another two years.
- Wisconsin has invested over $100 million in worker training to ensure our workforce is ready for the jobs of today and tomorrow so that everyone who wants a job, finds a job.
Call to Caucus
- January 31, 2016 at 2:00 PM the 2016 Republican Party of Polk County Caucus will be at the Amery Village Pizzeria 325 Keller Ave N in Amery, WI 54001.
- We have invited Assemblyman Adam Jarchow, State Senator Sheila Harsdorf, Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Bradley, and NW Regional GOP Coordinator Will Sexauer.
- At our County Caucus we will elect delegates to the District 7 Caucus on April 16, 2016 in Wisconsin Rapids WI and the same elected delegates can attend the 2016 RPW State Convention May 13-15, 2016 in Green Bay WI.
- I hope you are planning to attend our caucus. You can pay your dues at the door for your membership.
- You need to be a member to vote and to be a delegate.
Lincoln Day Dinner
- March 6, 2016 – starting at 5 PM with a reception and a 6 PM dinner at
Northwoods Crossing Event Center
23985 WI-35, Siren WI 54872.
This is a combined event with Polk, Burnett, and Washburn counties.
- We have invited US Senator Ron Johnson, Congressman Sean Duffy, State Senator Sheila Harsdorf, Assemblyman Adam Jarchow, Assemblyman Romaine Quinn, and NW Regional GOP Coordinator Will Sexauer.
Election Dates (mark your calendars to vote)
- February 16, 2016 – Spring Primary Election
- April 5, 2016 – Spring Election & Wisconsin Presidential Primary Election
- November 8, 2016 – Fall Election
We can be proud to be citizens of Polk County and to support our conservative values and defend our constitutional rights for all to see in the state of Wisconsin and our Nation.
Alan K. Walker